Safety and Security Officer -
The Safety and Security Officer is accountable for providing total SHEQ management and security of the entity including the management and facilitation of all IOD and COD claims as well as on and off site SHEQ training. The incumbent will have a hands on approach which includes taking ownership of the ordering and inspection of personal protective equipment. The incumbent will serve as Chairperson of Health and Safety Committee.
Key Result Areas
- Total SHEQ management and security of the entity
- Conduct internal Audits and inspections.
- Conduct HIRA and put control measures in place.
- Develop and implement SOP/ WI.
- Conduct Incident Investigation
- Attend to all IOD and COD claims
- Arrange for all SHEQ training on site and off site.
- Accountable for Contractor safety management. Schedules regular Plant walks with management.
- Conduct all Inductions for the site
- Assist with legal compliance and manages all legal appointments
- Accountable for SHER communication
- SHEQ Reporting on a weekly base
- Chairman of Health and Safety Committee.
- Risk Management
- Issues out all work Permits to employees and contractors
- Assist with capex projects
- Inspection of equipment and filling out registers.
Qualifications and Minimum Requirements
- A relevant, role related BDegree or 4 year Diploma is essential.
- Certified in risk management as well as health/safety management.
- SAMTRAC advantageous
- Minimum three years of safety and risk management experience
- A working knowledge of Security and CCTV management
- A working knowledge of Major Hazard Installation
- A working knowledge of ISO9001, 14001 & 45001 (preferred)
- MS Office Package – Intermediate Level (preferred)
- IMS Internal Auditor (preferred)
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to communicate effectively both in verbal and written form
- Ability to prioritise numerous tasks and unexpected situations
- Excellent administration skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Ability to lead and facilitate change effectively
27 October 2023