National Head of OnTrade -
In summary, the main objective of National Head of OnTrade is to build and maintain a high-performance sales organization whilst effectively achieving business objectives within the On Trade channel.
.Key Result Areas
- Develop and implement effective direct sales strategies and lead a nationwide direct sales team toward the achievement of the OnTrade sales objectives.
- Develop and deliver Operational Execution standards nationally.
- Lead effective in-trade execution of the National OnTrade playbook.
- Prepare and monitor monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts for the on-trade base.
- Manage, drive and deliver market share, sales volume, sales margin and the development of new customers within the OnTrade Channel
- Develop integrated campaigns plans for National OnTrade ensuring Brand teams & outlets are aligned.
- Work hand in hand with ORD KAM to ensure alignment and delivery against operational responsibilities.
- Establish effective relationships, drive collaboration and communication cross functionally (Marketing, Regional Sales teams, Finance, etc.) as well as key our Principal partners to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Work closely with Insights team to serve as a champion of competitive industry knowledge including accurate market analysis and reporting of market conditions in South Africa. Adjusts strategies accordingly.
- Partner with Commercial Director for the development of a key customer relationship management programme.
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development whilst driving toward positive results.
Qualifications and Minimum Requirements
- Relevant (industry specific) 3-year bachelor’s degree or similar
- Post Graduate qualification would be advantageous
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in FMCG/Retail/Liquor industry, 4 of which must have been in a National OnTrade or strategic management capacity.
- A proven track record of people leadership and development of sales and key account managers within a professional commercial environment.
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of the retail environment and route to customer pathways.
- Demonstrated ability to development, implement and take accountability for the National OnTrade Sales strategy.
- Must have managed significant (national) commercial / channel specific budget
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to set direction, professionally develop and coach teams
- Critical Thinking: the ability to ask questions and gather new information.
- Growth Mindset: seek continuous improvement and implement change where appropriate.
- Solution Driven: solutions derived in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to assertively and confidently persuade and influence individuals / audiences.
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Ability to build positive, cross functional working relationships both internally and externally.
31 January 2024